Monday, March 9, 2009

Blah!


I'm sorry it's been awhile since I've written but I promise that next month won't have as much going on. OK so I'll start with my first freeway drive on Friday. It actually went really well... until I accidentally cut of a semi truck. Needless to say he wasn't happy with me. Also on Friday, there was the Spaghetti Dinner for ASB booster club for orchestra and band and jazz band so that was ok I guess. See Angelos had been gone for 3 days because our Boys' basketball team made it to state so they were up in Tacoma as well as marching band so Angelos wasn't here for orchestra. Also needless to say, we sucked. We totally butchered like 5 measures in Rhosymedre and it sounded awful. Good thing it wasn't our fault. The food was good though. On Saturday we all we (my whole family) webt up to my Grandma and Grandpa's house and had a big celebratory lunch thing to welcome back my Grandma and Grandpa from their travels in New Mexico and Arizona and it also included a celebration of all the March birthdays which included my mom, my dad, my stepmom, and my uncle. If my aunt's birthday was also in March we'd have a whole generation of March birthdays there. That was fun. My mom and I also went out and got my shirt and heels I needed for the concert tomorrow. The shoe guy was very helpful. I think when my mom mentioned that I'm a musician and I'm playing in a couple concerts coming up[ he must've thought I was someone important. Especially because the Everett Youth Symphony has a good reputation. That and we're broadcasted all over the internet on the day of the concert. Too bad I'm not a first violin. At least not in the symphony. Anyway, I have such a busy schedule! Like today I was supposed to go to rehearsal for the symphony. That didn't work out but I'm getting to it. Hold your horses (who made that phrase up anyway?). Tomorrow is the symphony concert plus I've got driver's ed. Tomorrow I've got an ice cream social (again I'll get to that in a minute) plus driver's ed. Thursday I have (you guessed it!) driver's ed plus the SKMEA festival. Friday I'm heading up to Bellingham for a different festival and there's also a master class up there. I'll still be there Saturday and that's the day of the performance. Just too much to do! OK so today was kinda weird. First it started snowing around second period and we've got a good 4 inches out there. That's why rehearsal for tonight was cancelled. Also I now know for sure that my gym teacher is out to get me. So we start a 20 minute jog (usually on Mondays we run a mile but the track was wet so we run 20 minutes inside) so I'm jogging and like 12 minutes in I need water. I go get some from a nearby fountain and then I keep going. I'm coming up to where Griffin is and he starts yelling at me and saying that if I slow down or stop for the rest of the 8 minutes left he'd take my credit. At this point I'm kinda annoyed but whatever. I keep running. But then I think I did something to my ankle. Maybe I twisted it or pulled a muscle. I'm fine now but it really hurt right then. I'm still going though I'm just kinda limping along. Then Griffin starts yelling at me again! He says that I didn't fall so I'm not hurt and I need to stop faking the limp. You're kidding right? I really wanted to physically injure that man. Badly. As it is I was cursing him to hell for the rest of the time. I swear he's out to get me. Anyway the next weird thing happened just the next period. So I'm in science class and we're doing a notebook check. I pull out all my things which are pretty much everywhere since God knows I can't organize to save my life. He gets to me and I start showing him all this stuff and he asks to actually see the inside of my notebook. I show him and it's like a tornado of papers. He says "You're not good at organizing are you? That's ok. You're an artist. I get that. You like the chaos. You're lucky I like you." He gave me a 15 out of 20. I thought that was pretty cool. He gives me passing grades because he likes me. Isn't that awesome? Weird event number 4 happened in last period Spanish class. I got a note that apparently I won an award for being student of the quarter. So now I'm getting a certificate and I get to go to an ice cream social on Wednesday. Besides my evil gym teacher thing the day was pretty good. Well that and rehearsal getting cancelled. At least we're still having the concert tomorrow. I'm almost sure that my science teacher was the one who nominated me for that award. I'm not sure why he lies me. I mean by that time I'm so tired from gym I usually fall asleep in the class. Not on purpose of course. I think he likes me because I can write a good research paper. See we did these 5 page research papers and mine was on how climate change affects frogs. Apparently he really liked it and he told me so. So I've got minimum corrections and I just have to print another one out and hand it in and get my 100. Go me! Anyway wish me luck for the concert. Also if you're interested in watching the concert the livestream starts at 6:45PM west coast time on March 10th, 2009. Just click the following link and click the button that says: EYSO webcast click here to watch live. Ok here's the link: http://www.eyso.info/article.aspx?id=45

1 comment:

  1. I believe the phrase "Hold your horses" MIGHT have originated somewhere in the the western states of America. And you know, it make perfect sense. Keep the horses steady, don't let them charge ahead....

    Pepper

    ReplyDelete