Friday, January 16, 2009

Welcome to my blog


Hello my name is Carissa (insert a last name that sounds good here because you're not finding out the real one). I am a 15 year old freshman that goes to MHS (use your imagination to give a name to the acronym) and I'm in the Seattle area (once again This specific is unavailable). I am the teenage philotechnic of the title. If you don't know what a philotechnic is then google it. Just kidding. A philotechnic is a lover of the arts. Meaning music, writing, photography, poetry, and dancing. I'm not into the dance thing but I do love all of the other addicting hobbies I mentioned. I am a musician. I've been playing violin for 5 and a half years so, with the risk of sounding hauty, I'm pretty good at what I do. Too bad I'm still an amatuer but I hope that one day I can be a professional. I love riting poetry and I'm not bad at writing short stories. If you find a poetry site that will actually give you the money they promse if they publish you and don't ask for any money to be published you make sure to let me know because at this point I've nearly given up on looking for an honest publisher. I do like photography. I haven't really done any to sumbit to any photography contests but my mom tells me I'm pretty good with the camera. Too bad I can't take a decent picture of myself. Oh well I don't like to be on that side of the camera anyway. Maybe that's because I'm a girl and I "lack self esteem" like many of my peers these days. Well I guess I can tell you a bit more about myself. below are my "stats."

Name: Carissa
Age: 15
Location: Seattle area
Hometown (where I moved here from): Roanoke, Virginia
What's playing on my ipod right now?: Down with the Sickness by Disturbed
Favorite bands: Relient K, Disturbed, Blink-182, The Academy Is..., Dynamik (local band), Styx, The Ting Tings
Favorite songs by those bands: Sadie Hawkins Dance (Relient K), Inside the Fire (disturbed), Down (blink- 182), Slow Down (The Academy is...) Things Unheard (Dynamik), Lorelei (Styx), Great DJ (The Ting Tings).
Favorite color: Red
Favorite food: Anything dipped in honey mustard
Favorite word: Discombobulated (definition from dictionary.com): having self-possession upset; thrown into confusion
Favorite oxymoron: mildly psychotic
Pet Peeve: misspelled words (sorry Dad I love you but you can't spell)
Favorite site: http://www.pointlesssites.com/
Favorite movie: Bruce Almighty
Favorite book series: 1. Maximum Ride 2. Warriors 3. W.I.T.C.H.
Favorite drink: Cross between diet cherry vanilla dr. pepper and a double whipped strawberries and creme frappachino (yes I know I'm very specific about my choice in beverage)
Collections: I have a collection o f hoodies and right now I have at least 6 or 7 of them (including a VT hoodie)
Pets?: A not very bright but very cute siamese kitty (she eats receipts and blue paper)
Vehicle: An 87 dodge Daytona Shelby Z (I can't drive yet but my dad already bought me a car and motorcycle) and a magenta Kawasaki motorcycle

Well I can't fabricate anymore fun facts about me now so I will Sign off on this blog with this thought provoking quote:

"A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure. " ~Lee Segall

No comments:

Post a Comment