Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First Everett Youth Symphony rehearsal

Ello. I'm back. You can't get rid of me that easy. Well yesterday was my first Everett Youth Symphony practice. It went pretty well considering i've only run through each piece a total of once (I didn't know what it really sounded like and I wanted to hear it before I got some bad habit on a certain piece lodged in my brain because then it's harder to correct). It turns out my friend Catherine and I are like the only ones from the intermezzo group in high school so we feel like were sitting at the kids' table. Oh well maybe next year we get to sit at the grownup table. I swear there's a girl in my sectional who's like half my age and the 2nd chair in the 1st violin section has to be at least 4 or 5 years younger than my sister (who's 11) so I feel kinda slow. Anyway the music is fairly easy. I wish I had tried out at the beginning of the year so amybe I'd at least be a first violin like I am in class instead of having to be a second and play the boring part just because that's where they had room for me. At least I got to sit in the seat of principle second because I guess the girl who's normally there wasn't. Although I'm absolutely positive I could easily be the principle second the whole time. I mean I just joined and I could count how many times on one hand that I got corrected and usually it was just because all the other players had a different fingering written in then what was actually on the paper because it was changed. So it shall be fun. In other news tomorrow we have finals. Oh joy. I have to finish my 1st period health project which is a health website. And it's obviously not going to be done on time because we were supposed to have 4 members in our group but for all of the project we've had 3 plus our project manager moved to Bellevue. Soooooo it won't be good. Then I have my English final which is basically on the Odyssey and vocab and its open notes. For Math it'll be like any other test. Thursday I have my Science finals which is just another test. Since 4th period is orchestra we don't have a final for that class and then for Spanish we're doing a project for the finals. Yeah too bad my partner won't frickin help me so it won't be done on time. So we've been working on this for awhile. She was good when were making the script but when it comes to filming she's not cooperating. See I didn't really have a choice in my partner because we picked our own partner so since I was pretty much ignored I didn't have a partner (usually I'm the first one claimed not because i'm popular or anything but because I happen to pay attention and I have a phonographic memory so as soon as I hear something I remember it) so I was assigned to the partner I have (names won't be mentioned) because she was absent. So for the past 2 days we've had the whole period to go out and film but we had a hard time finding people to actually film, hold cue cards, and be our extra people. We finally found people but she was "too embarassed" to film in front of other people and there's only like 2 so it's really stupid especially since we were one of the last groups to film and we needed to get it done soon. So she wanted to film it afterschool and have some of her friends stay after and help. So she got one friend. Which doesn't really help at all since we needed 3. So we ended up finding 2 more of her friends and we finally got scene 1 out of 5 done. Too bad afterwards all she wanted to do was talk to them instead of finishing filming so were STILL not done and I'm getting really annoyed. And on top of that I kept bugging her to leave so we can continue filming which made me seem like the bad guy. So I'm really about to complain to my Spanish teacher which won't help anything because finals are due like really soon so it's too late. I have an A in that class right now but if I get a bad grade or a 0 on this final it'll send my Spanish grade into a downward spiral. Which is a very bad thing in high school because I can't afford Ds and Fs not really even Cs if it can be helped. At least tomorrow I get to sleep in an extra hour since school begins and hour later. I'm wearing my lucky turtle necklace that I wore when I had my audition for the symphony. I'll also be wearing it to church tomorrow night and see if it brings me any luck there because there's a really cute guy there who's actually in the worship band and plays guitar. His name is Felipe and he is sooooo cute. Well good night I need to get a good night's sleep before finals. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment